Saturday, August 15, 2015

The Goddess Hidden and Revealed


In the beginning there was only Darkness.” 

― Karen Azinger, The Steel Queen


(What does this quote mean for you?)

by Michal Mozolewski


The first time I read it, I instantly thought: WOW! (a 'light bulb' moment).

You may be wondering why I was amazed at such a simple statement. I will tell you. In that moment, I realized the deeper wisdom contained in the words. Though the words themselves were not new to me, suddenly, as if reading them for the first time, they revealed a truth that has been hidden for such a terribly long time in history. 

As with all 'realizations', new awareness comes like a brilliant flash of light - like so many little star bits of collected wisdom suddenly bursting, creating a truth so bright, one wonders how it was not seen before....

Darling, my realization was actually a validation of what I have long known to be true concerning the Goddess - the Divine Feminine. All my life I have felt Her presence. Yet, as a girl, I was told that She was not, but rather, He was... and thus began my journey of self doubt, and a secret longing and need to find and know the truth of Her.

Well over twenty years ago, I did extensive research and discovered that SHE was before language, SHE was before religion, and especially, SHE was before all the dominance and supremacy that mankind claimed to have over Her. Though I knew of the many lies that had been told and written regarding Her, and though I pulled away many of the veils that were used to cover Her face and even, Her very existence, stillI found myself making it more complicated than it actually is.

I was still, somehow, allowing myself to become entangled in the Patriarchy thought process of how it all began...  (It is ingrained so deeply on cellular levels that it requires constant attention to not be deceived further.) Meaning, that though I know the truth of Her, I still find myself defending Her existence. I still find myself attempting to justify my adoration of Her wisdom, Her beauty, Her mystery, and especially Her being-ness. 

Yet, all along, there it was, in 'His' own words, Her truth!


"In the beginning there was only darkness." ― 

Darkness being YIN - the feminine essence of nothingness and everything ― Darkness being the creative potential held in sacred womb space; where all is nurtured, fed, protected and allowed to form and grow until the ripe moment of birth. 

In the beginning there was only the Great Goddess, the Void. The 'Darkness' was and is the Great Goddess, the Mother of us all.... She was before all else! She created light. She created the divine masculine. From Her the Earth and Water, the Moon and Stars and Heavens were created.


unfound


In the Beginning: 
How the Goddess Nammu created the world and then was forgotten.

The first written tales of creation were recorded by the Sumerians and who did they say created the worlds? A goddess. Nammu, the mother of all things, Goddess of the Primordial Sea, created the heavens and earth from her own body long before Yahweh had ever been heard of. Eventually, when the priests of Judah rewrote teh tale, the Goddess would disappear altogether from the narrative. Well, almost disappear. She is traceable still by linguistics, for when God hovers over "the deep" in the opening scene of Genesis (Chapter 1, Verse 2), the word translated here is tehom, meaning the deeps, the abyss, and linguistically the Semitic form of Tiamat, the name of the Babylonian Goddess. In time, Nammu would be forgotten, but now, thanks to archaeologists, we can remember the Goddess who came before Heaven and Earth, before the sky gods ascended the throne of history, before even the Bible, before even the priest put pen to scroll to write the words. 
— "in the Beginning..." Carisa, Queen of Heaven

unfound

According to the Hesiod's Theogony (around 700 BC), in the beginning there was Chaos as a primeval state of existence. Chaos was the primal emptiness - a dark, silent, formless and infinite oddity with no trace of life. Out of Chaos, Mother Earth, Gaea first came to existence. Full of life and power, Gaea created....

So, for me, this quote "In the beginning there was only darkness." ― means everything, because it silently speaks of that which births everything!

The Great Mystery  SHE. The She I knew then, and remember now from my early childhood, is SHE. She is the one others couldn't see in the darkness... but I could.

Somehow, this feels like an ancient blessing bestowed upon me. Perhaps, upon us all, if we are only willing to surrender to the dark unknown, trusting that there is divine presence of unfathomable depth with us, within everything, and within the entire cosmos, and it is holy and She.


In the beginning there was nothing but soft darkness.
And, she held me. She knew me. She gave birth to my light.

....words spoken by my Lakota grandmother, Hazel.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments, thoughts and insight.