Sunday, June 26, 2016

Wings and Roots



I spread my wings when I dare to reach for my dreams. I spread my wings when I lift to meet my goals and obligations. I spread my wings when I feel the need to stretch beyond my current limitations and fear. I spread my wings when I expand my awareness, when I soar into the heights of consciousness, when I glide with my vivid imagination. My creative desire strengthens my wings. I spread my wings and I trust in my ability to try. 

I spread my roots when I crave to look within, to connect with the earth energies, and balance strength with grace. I spread my roots when I hold on to what is sacred. I spread my roots when I treasure what makes me strong, honor what makes me healthy, and gather nourishment from a deeper source. I spread my roots when I grasp the firm foundation of wisdom. My wholeness supports my roots. I spread my roots knowing that I will not fall.

Wings and Roots by Leesa Wilson




We all have wild in our bones. 
Secret names and signs in dreams. 
Reclamations that come through storms 
and sounds and winds. 
Unsung songs, wandering hearts 
and feet that long for forbidden paths. 
Ecstasy that claws for release. 
Restlessness. 
Talons. 
Deep fire. 
A home we don't quite remember. 
A wailing howl waiting to rise. 
Unfurled wings.
We live lives half in and half out. 
What we don't do is say these things aloud.
It is time.

Lisbeth Cheever-Gessaman




We all have wild in our roots.
Hidden longing and countless fertile dreams.
Ancient knowing still flows through our blood,
and bone from mothers long gone.
Forgotten voices, buried need
and a box that holds the treasure of lost desire.
Seductively. dark humus beckons. 
Eco-eroticism.
Tears.
Damp moss.
A tribe we forever unraveled.
A silent scream dies in our body.
Tangled roots.
We seek that which nourishes and nurtures.
What we don't do is feed our souls.
It is time.

Leesa Wilson [inspired by SHE]




Beloved Goddess
Mother of Earth and Sky

Please strengthen my roots that I may feel safe and secure,
that I may find balance, that I may grow wild and free.

Please strengthen my wings that I may know wisdom and grace,
that I may touch the divine, that I may open my mind and heart.

Beloved Goddess
Mother of Sky and Earth
I am devoted to you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments, thoughts and insight.