Tuesday, June 7, 2016

She Who is Complete in Herself

There are some things that cannot be spoken. 

These things are carried on the dark wings of wisdom.


I came across this quote, today:
Her womb from her body. Separation. Her clitoris from her vulva. Cleaving. Desire from her body. We were told that bodies rising to heaven lose their vulvas, their ovaries, wombs; that her body in resurrection becomes a male body.
― Susan Griffin, Women and Nature: The Roaring Inside Her


As I read those words, I thought: 
Who told us this is so?

My spirit cried out: 
That cannot be true! Why should a female body, upon rising from this earth, become a male body?


I have not heard of this theory, before. Have you? But there have been claims always which infer that being male is far superior to being female. This type of patriarchal thinking has waged war against the female and her body for ages... 

Countless daughters of Mother Earth have had our wombs taken and our clitoris cut from our bodies. Many spend our entire lives ignoring or silencing our desires, shaming our bodies, hiding our power; all because we have been told that being born female comes with inherent sin, and therefore, we are tainted, worthless or unworthy, that we should forget the carnal pleasure of our woman bodies and focus on attaining holiness, so we can become 'men'? 'there' (in heaven)?? 

Oh no! This will never do! 

The goddess is not an out-there force among the far stars or beyond death, but is here and now and living.
― Diane Stein, The Women's Spirituality Book

The holy, the sacred, the divine, resides within us now. We are alive, here, upon our beloved mothers living body. And, therefore, with holy ritual, with sacred intent, and with divine grace, shouldn't we fully live here now, honoring the divine feminine form of our own beloved flesh, and blood, and bone bodies? 

Sister, we must remember that we are in these sacred, beautiful, soft, flawed, precious, magickal, life giving bodies here and now. Our bodies are holy temples. We are earthy, sexual, sensual, divinely feminine creatures. Women.

We are the daughters of She Who is Complete in Herself. We are the daughters of the Earth, the Sea, the Sky. Heaven is not apart from us. All of creation resides within our being. We are composed of stardust, water and the salts and the minerals of the earth!

Our womb is our spiritual cauldron, where all things are created, where all things are possible. Our clitoris is a blessed gift; pleasure its only purpose. The desires of our body speak the language of our soul and sing us into being, into wholeness. We were born female. We are a reflection of the Goddess, Herself, in all Her many expressions. 

I do not think it less than miraculous that we are born with all the dream seeds (eggs), and more than we will ever need in our maiden ovaries. Each containing infinite possibility. Symbolically, this is as we are - Each of us a tiny, but powerful part of the Goddess; the gift of life, capable of creation.

Frances MacDonald MacNair (1873–1921)


To deny us of our female bodies is sacrilege.
To strip us of being, blasphemous


My prayer:

Divine Mother of us all,
In this moment, and forever more, I give thanks for this truth. I disregard what I may have been told or still unconsciously believe, which would deny or destroy my goddess essence. I am grateful for my uniquely perfect, (no matter what flaws) woman body. I see Your divine light, grace, strength and beauty in myself. 
Within me, You live. 
Within me, You love. 
Within me, You create.
I am You and You are me. 
Selah  So it is.
Namaste
The goddess in me honors the goddess in you.


Resources:
Daughters of Eve
Daughters of Eve is a non profit organisation that works to protect girls and young women who are at risk from female genital mutilation (FGM).

Glossary:
Selah means stop and listen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments, thoughts and insight.